The 2017 Celebration of People Bursary in Honor of Canada’s 150th Anniversary
THE CELEBRATION OF PEOPLE AWARDS BURSARY PROGRAM
The success of Celebration of People Awards Event has led to the establishment of the bursary fund aimed at providing financial assistance to students living with a disability to pursue post-secondary education. To celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary, the bursary will be awarded annually, to four students. Students must be in good standing, who have made a significant contribution in volunteering, sports/club participation, awareness and community involvement. The recipient(s) must be accepted to or enrolled at; Algonquin College, University of Ottawa, Carleton University or La Cité.
BURSARY SELECTION CRITERIA
The selection committee will choose four successful candidates based on the following criteria:
• Part‐time, full‐time, mature students and high school graduates must be accepted or enrolled in one of the four eligible institutions; Algonquin College, University of Ottawa, Carleton University or La Cité.
• Must be in need of financial assistance and in good academic standing
• Must have a diagnosed disability
1. Complete and return all signed forms by the EXTENDED DEADLINE DATE MAY 26
2. Provide a brief account, in your choice of format (e.g. written, audio, video), how you meet the selection criteria. If writing, please keep the essay under 500 words. Describing yourself, your educational pursuit and why the bursary is important to you.
3. Include a brief description of financial background.
4. Must include at least one letter of recommendation and why your continued pursuit of post-secondary education is important.
CELEBRATION OF PEOPLE BURSARY APPLICATION FORM
To Access the full form please click here. Fill out and send along with supporting documents to the address(s) provided below by no later than the EXTENDED deadline date of May 26, 2017
Please complete each section, answer all questions and return your completed application and supporting documents to:
ATTN: Celebration of People Selection Committee
312 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4X5
By Fax: 613-761-9525 By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebration of People will award four $1000 bursaries; one to each post-secondary institution previously listed. Recipients will be contacted by June, 2017. Monies awarded will be distributed in two payments of $500 ($1000 total). The fiscal responsibility for the distribution of monies will lie with Citizen Advocacy Ottawa. Monies awarded will be directly paid to the post-secondary institution and applied to tuition fees.